Monday, July 29, 2013

Tips for the Bar Exam

This is for my future panyeros /panyeras who may happen to read this blog....  No, I am not even in the Top 10.  Passing is already an achievement, and for that I am so grateful.  But Top 11 is everybody's slot!  Go ask all attorneys! :)
BAR REVIEW TIPS

Every lawyer has his or her own tips to pass THE Bar (or top it, if you wish). Allow me to share my thoughts. I hope that this will help you in any way.

Foremost, I believe that passing the Bar is an act of God. Do not commit the mistake that you can fare well on your own, but if you choose to, it's up to you.   I collected these reminders from the bar reviewers, topnotchers, professors, and my experience. What's the difference? This is my own presentation.. :)


ONE word to keep in mind for six months = F-O-C-U-S

ONE thing to pray for = WISDOM
Ask God for wisdom - this is one of my fave Bible verses, not just because of the Bar. I ask God for wisdom in my daily life so He'll guide me towards the right path.
James 1:5(KJV) - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

TWO things to do:

1. PRAY, as if everything depended on God
2. STUDY, as if everything depended on you

THREE things to handle efficiently:
1. time - this is the most important.
2. effort
3. money

FOUR-FOLD test:
1. physical
2. emotional/psychological
3. mental, and
4. spiritual well-being

FOUR aids as you answer the Bar:
1. wisdom
2. understanding
3. clarity of thought
4. facility of expression

I will write more pointers next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment